Thread: 135 vs EVO
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 03:38 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: e90
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstock View Post
I fail to see what I drive making a huge difference in the vaildity of my argument but I have an E36 M3 coupe, 2007 Miata and 2005 Jeep Rubicon for daily driving, depending on the weather. My project car right now is an 1984 DeTomaso Pantera GTs. Just finishing the cosmetic work but the American V8 they came with is builtproof and the car is much much much cheaper to drive and maintain than an other italian exotic (Lambo, Ferrari, etc) so you can actually enjoy it. Fast and fantastic sounding.

So yes, taken in whole, i do drive the perfect car(s). I have a vehicle for any need that may come up. One car cannot do everything you want and to try is ridiculous.
UH-OH

I caught you in a lie.

This is why what you drive makes a difference. Because you own a 335i.

These quotes below are from "superstock" himself in the E90/E91/E92/E93 forum.

Quote:
Those are very very good numbers, Dinan or not. Those are equivalent to what my friends are getting with 400+ HP GTOs. When I went to ATCO in New Jersey the best I could get out of my manual 335 was a 14.0. I am not a drag racer in the least but I agree with the RFT comment and the auto. A 335 sedan with wider rear summer tires and an auto (no other mods) was in the mid 13's with no problem.

Of course just jamming on the accelerator is a lot easier than actually shifting. Which is why most drag racers go for automatics of course.

FYI:While 12.9 seems fast, a C5 automatic Corvetter with just a catback can run 12.8 all day. BMW is still not a drag car and never will be.(Hopefully)
Quote:
Is it a whole rear bumper or just some type of insert? I already have damage to the rear bumper from someone backing into me and the front bumper from stones so this might be a good upgrade. The quote to fix my paint front and back was $900 so i might as well just double it and get the new parts.

I knew you were just another jealous 335i owner.

Last edited by BlackJetE90; 04-24-2008 at 03:41 AM.