View Single Post
Old 05-02-2008, 12:03 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to cager169
Mein Auto: 2000 bmw Z3, 1999 bmw 528
after the quick fix with new lines it was easy to remove the old starter with a #12 torx socket, i did this by lifting the car and using this setup to squeeze the socket from behind the tranny and slowly removing the screws.

this is what it looked like after i was done

everything from there was just simple reverse steps
The new starter with the feed cables attached (of course i removed the batt connections)

just dropped the manifold back into place, making sure all the lines were properly connected here i am putting the throttle back into place. tight squeeze!

everything back together

and here is a close up of the new starter installed.

just a pic of the new starter before it went in.

so after hardwork the car sounds great and starts right up. of course this is just a quick view of that i did. there are many more pictures that i took but i will only edit and show a step by step if anyone really wants me to because this is the way i did it and i don't know if there is an easier way to do it other than dropping the tranny but that's not easy at all for me so at the end of the fun day i just decided to get a new batterie to complement the starter and to make sure that i know what went into the car so far. so what do you guys think of my fun field day?