View Single Post
Old 05-02-2008, 01:55 PM

Mein Auto: E90 330i, X3 3.0i
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNMpower32 View Post
Have you driven your friend's vehicle?

The reason I ask, is because unless YOU drive it, sometimes other people interpret it differently. It could be operating normally most of the time, but your friend may not like the way it shifts. I will say, after having driven one, that it is not as responsive as the previous 5AT. But this is the case of many newer 6ATs, including my mom's 325i, which takes like, 2 seconds to think after I've hit the kickdown command.
I have not driven the car. In fact, I've not experienced myself on the problem you guys are discussing because I've never driven an auto X3. BUT.... what makes me wonder is when she, yes she, told me that she nearly got into an accident when she pulled out a driveway and the car didn't respond, without knowing the existence of this problem.

She had a 05 X3 AT for 3 years before this. She is just a typical female with no knowledge of automobile whatsoever. She only knows about stepping on the gas and go and brake to stop and she has no idea of what kickdown means, let alone doing it. So my interpretation is - if an ORDINARY person who used to drive automatics her whole life without complaints and now can not operate it as a standard automatic vehicle, there is a problem, period.