Thread: 135 vs EVO
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2008, 01:51 PM

Mein Auto: 08,C6 335 E93, 93 RSA &
A fool if you don't think the 135/335 All american BMWs are a Steal

I live in Germany 9 month out of the year, I drive an 08 C-6 a e93 335I vert, an 03 Z4
sport and am picking up a 135 and will be replacing the 335i with the M3 convertable
(wifes) The Vette may lose to a M3 Sedan once the facelift is complete.

You don't know much about what others pay for BMWs do you ?
When were you in Germany?
What was that Vin of your ED 335 and I can have someone check your accuracy

One euro is worth $1.50 dollars easy ( hit 1.60 last week )

A 135 with the same equiptment as a US 135 with ZPP and ZSP is US $38K
A German buying the same German spec car in EUROs is paying 59K euros
which is what $87K USD for a loaded one series

Play with the M-3 and the $69K USD I am spending on a US spec Vert for wife
is near 96K Euros with the same option codes in Dollars $146K ???

The warranty in Germany is 2 years unlimited miles NO MAINTAINENCE

The US Warranty is 4 years 50 K Mile with maintainence

You are touched if you think BMW is Overpriced in the US !!

I almost feel guilty as an American working for our government as I can buy at special pricing even below what stateside is , the Germans think we are Gazillionaires, did you know that the 3 series could be a 4 cylinder ? THats why Euopeans take the badge off their cars or order the free Model delete !

I lived in Japan and Korea, they find BMWs to be very high end cars and pay a huge premium, the Aussies pay $85K for a 135 and over $100K for an M-3

BMW Needs the US market, Yes you can buy a one coupe here thats lighter and has less, for More than you pay in the states ! I would be glad to find you one !

In the 30s they had a Movie where a guy sang a song "If I only had a brain"

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstock View Post
American BMW = fat pig badge whore cars.

I merely mentioned the GTO because that car is outrageously overweight and Pontiac had no interest in keeping weight down. Though it isn't much heavier than the new M3 and has a 400hp/400ftlb V8. And it also had an MSRP significantly below a base 135 with more standard equipment (LSD anyone?) The GTO is also much quicker in a straight line than a 135 and just gets quicker with anything besides the stock 245 all seasons. And it gets comparable mileage while offering comparable interior space. The BMW is undoubtably nicer but remember, it is slower and less powerful.

BMW has a very steep badge premium attached to it in the United States. Without that premium you would see a 135 priced closer to 31-32k.

And one last time, i was not critiequeing the engineering; any redneck with a wrench can lighten a car. The CSL proves that BMW can as well. I was critiequing their beancounters and general direction for the car where BMW makes you pay for fancy folding mirrors, sunroofs, excessive sound deadening, and other premium touches in their supposedly sporty entry level car (1 series) by comparing it to the outrageously expensive CSL package. They should have stripped out the premium stuff, spent the money on shaving weight from car and offered a true entry level sporty car.

Last edited by gmund1948; 05-04-2008 at 01:56 PM.