View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 07:17 PM
2007 550i & X3, 2002 X5

Mein Auto: BMW 550i, X5, X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpcajin View Post
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. MINE IS A 545i, 2005. THE SAME NOISE HAS BEEN OCCURING FOR THE LAST FOUR MONTHS. I HAVE TOLD MY SERVICE REP OF THE PROBLEM, BUT, THEY CANNOT REPRODUCE THE SOUND. MANY FRIENDS AND MY WIFE HAVE HEARD THE SOUND. IT ONLY OCCURS WHILE TURNING INTO A PRAKING STALL OR THE TURNING INTO THE GARAGE. IT SOUNDS LIKE METAL GRINDING ON METAL.
Exactly my problem, only when turning sharply into a parking space or on my L-shaped driveway into my garage at slow speed. I can even feel a slight vibration through the steering wheel when the noise occurs. I'm definitely going to report it to my SA on my next appointment since it appears to be getting louder than when it first started - obviously it's not getting better or going away.

By the way, Welcome to the Fest!

2007 550i, Sport Premium, Silver Gray Metallic, Gray Dakota, Navigation, Cold Weather Package, Comfort Access, Heated Rear Seats, HD Radio, Xenon

2007 X3, 3.0si ///M Sport Premium, Monaco Blue, Gray Dakota, Navigation, Cold Weather Package, Xenon

2002 X5, 3.0i Sport Premium, Titanium Silver, Gray Dakota, Cold Weather Package, Xenon, just a winter vehicle