View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 07:51 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '05 Z4 3.0i & '08 X3.0si
It's something - that's the main point of all of this. The X3 automatic transmission in my '07 and in many other folks simply falls far short of the "performance" BMW itself promotes in its X3 brochure - it is not "responsive" in any high performance sort of way for a number of us. For those of you who push the gas pedal and feel immediate response, all the time and as you would expect, all I can tell you is feel damn good about your X3 as it performs the way I suspect most of us expect a BMW to perform. The rest of us seem to have schizophrenic BMW's in our X3's, as any given moment we push down on the gas pedal and the vehicle has a big old fart prior to doing anything. It literally blew me away the first time this happened, and has only been a source of frustration every time since. My current '07 sits in my garage until I can take it down to trade back on my '08 manual transmission that now sits on a boat. I have a trip to Jackson WY scheduled for the end of this month. I will drive my Z3 if weather permits, or otherwise drive a rental if weather turns crappy - can you folks with responsive X3's even imagine such a choice?