View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 04:43 AM

Mein Auto: 05 LR3
So here goes...because the problem is now fixed....

I drive a 535 xit and about 7 weeks ago I began to get these weird warning system failures. TPM malfunction, Air suspension failure, everything you can think of to really freak someone out. Then the clock would reset itself and all the car trip data would clear out. I honestly thought I was having battery trouble until it started spontaneously shutting off while driving. Very scarry. Life was a tad bit hectic but finally made it to the dealership.

Ten days later I recieve my car back. They found that yes the pano roof does drain and clog as well. Something that they clean and blow out on normal service visits. My whole back end was flooded and fried some very important instramunts. 11 control units were damaged and needed to be replaced and the vehicle needed to be re-programed. My warranty did cover everything along with a 3 series loaner. My SA was great about the whole thing and very professional about the repair. Labor and parts would have cost me $7,000 if not for my warranty. I am still really fuming that it actually happened but very glad all has been corrected. There was never a question of not covering it and honestly it was a huge safety issue as due to the power loss with my toddler in the car. So the only silver lining is that BMW stood by my car and fixed the heck out of the thing.

Hope it works for you prior to the vehicle shutting down on the highway with your 2.5 year old in the back.
Manual, PP, CW, CA, Logic7, IPOD, HD, NAV, PDC, RWS

Last edited by bucksbud; 05-23-2008 at 04:45 AM. Reason: spelling