View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 01:25 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 535i
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAFleming View Post
I don't know about resale values, but touring vehicles, as the Europeans call them, have never been as popular here in the U.S.. But then again, SUVs were inexplicably popular in the U.S. until a few months ago. I think the equation is changing rapidly now. As the article points out, it's hard to argue against more speed, better mileage, better utility, more passenger space, more cargo space, less weight and a lower price.
If you are talking about a Camry wagon that is one thing. But up scale car buyers don't care a flip about what you just said.

If you want to save money, buy a cheaper car. Don't buy an expensive car as a compromise to save a few bucks compared to a more expensive car. In the end you get nothing but a car no one wants.

And I don't agree the wagon has any more passenger space, utility, or towing capacity than an SUV.

SUV's are not going away. Just fewer will be able to afford them. But then again few can afford an M3/M6, or any other car that has lower gas mileage. The majority drive micro diesel cars.

Any car that is desirable but gets poor mileage will gravitate to the affluent buyer. The blue collar crowd will drive prius or something else. That is the way it has been in Europe for decades.

Last edited by sdbrandon; 06-22-2008 at 01:38 PM.