View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 02:10 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwac View Post

Dealerships had better wake up to the power of the information age. Fewer and fewer people are going to be walking into their showrooms with a "Please screw me" sign taped to their forehead now that invoice prices, lease and finance rates, other transaction fees, AND shopping experiences are easily accessible to anyone.
I'm starting to remember this episode more clearly. When I called the lady back, I said, "Look. I want an ED E90 335i, with ZSP, ZPP & lemon leather. I know the invoice is X, I want to offer you X + $1k."

There was a long silence on the phone.

The she says, "Where did you get these codes & invoice prices from?" I said, "The internet, obviously." She goes, "I'll call you back." Calls me back and says, "We can knock off $700 off MSRP." I said, "Did you even listen to a word I said? Who cares about MSRP, I want invoice + $1k." Then she launched into her speech about "$700/month is the least she can do, etc... " Basically, not even listening, trying to steer me into the whole "How much per month can you afford" type of a deal. I said "Thanks" and we parted ways.

OH!. Also, the GM was sitting there and then he goes, "You live here but you got your car in NY?!" .... Then he looks at some of my other posts and says, "OH. You did PCD." With this fallen face, undoubtedly cursing the damn Performance Delivery and its tendency to let people buy half way across the country.