View Single Post
Old 07-28-2008, 09:58 PM

Mein Auto: 2007 x3
The wife and I recently had a near collision because of the unexpected acceleration comming out of a turn. I haven't posted for quite some time and have just been watching this and many other forums about this problem.

Figured it wasn't going anwhere and was getting tired of being verbally acosted by some of the die hard BMW fans.

Still having the same problem with the X3, the unexpected powerloss or acceleration either just before a turn (powerloss) and comming out of a turn acceleration.

We took it to the dealer in mid June they reproduced both problems as they had previously been able to do so with me in or out of the car. They said there would be a new update comming out in later July and they would call us when they got it. In the meantime they resett everything so it went into learn mode, it's not as bad until it learns to be bad.

I have talked to the BMW Service folks and BMWNA CS nothing gives. I have a PUMA case 8985811 and today have filed a complaint with http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/
Your Confirmation number (ODI Number) is: 10236195

X3 is back at the dealer and they where hoenst and said even with the lastest patch. (I don't have the numbers yet) they didn't expect (based on early results other dealers are seeing) the latest patch will fix the problem. On a pretty open conversation with their "senior" tech, I asked/suggested that this was beyond a software problem especially where reportedly late model 07 and 08 are not seeing this issue. One would have to suspect it was mechanical and they are attempting to compensate for a mechanical issue with software. Otherwise if all things are equal mechanically, then this would have already been resolved. It's in the 08... ?? He laughed and said finally someone is catching on.

I don't know and don't really care what or where it is. Just want it fixed.

Bob