View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 04:15 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by acerocks415 View Post
Thanks, I defiantly got the RTV down, I just got confuse about the Glycerin, since this product is sold in a drug store and not in an auto part store. I been reading all the DIY ride ups, and they used this product. I also read that BMW discontinued Gummi Pfledge(Glycerin), and went with Carbaflo, their must be a reason for that:dunno.

I think I found were to buy Glycerin I just don't want to have any issues. If I don't find Glycerin what other options are there?
I think you can still get glycerin at the drug store, but I haven't looked for that stuff in ages, so don't quote me on it. But, I have heard that people have used Neutrogena facial soap (the bar, not the liquid) which has a high concentration of glycerin and they said it worked great. Just mix it with some water to build a lather and run the gaskets through your hands to coat them. (And before you ask, no, I'm not joking)