View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 06:13 AM
Account closed at users request

Mein Auto: '09 E93 335i;Lexus RX400h
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiegeX View Post
So I'm still confused. If you're not supposed to use something like dawn to remove wax, and standard car soap is meant to be kind to wax, what does one use to remove wax and still be easy on the trim?
Personally, I'm not paranoid to use Dawn only once for literally a few minutes over the multiple-year life of owning my car. A good rinse, and it's gone. It appears to do it's job to take off the old wax or polish and allows me to start my own regime with more friendly products as I mentioned above. When I decide to clay again, since I'm into the Zaino products, I just use a little Z7 watered down in a spray bottle as the lube. I've seen no problem from my perspective across 3 new Lexus with stellar paint jobs, a Toyota and a Honda -- both light and very dark metallic colors, and a number of years doing this. Once my new Monaco E93 arrives in October, it will be treated the same way -- the day it arrives home. My take is you're more likely to create a problem if you used something like Dawn as your regular car washing detergent over-and-over-and-over or did a crappy job on the rinse, not with just a single use as I do.

Last edited by WDW1Fanatic; 08-20-2008 at 06:21 AM. Reason: fixed my english a little!