View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 02:52 PM

Mein Auto: 2001 X5
Buyer beware!

This probably isn't news to anyone, but I bought the Premium warranty through United Car Care and I am having problems with them and may have to take them to court.

I brought my X5 into the dealership for a water leak, which turned out to be a water pump and radiator. Then they found an oil leak and some pixels burnt out in my computer screen. That amounted to about $7,000. A week later the master tech took the United Car Care adjuster out for a spin around the block near the dealership and my transmission went out! Well, United isn't going to pay for it because they say it was a long term leak. The master tech's and anybody I talk to disagree with that because there is no way of knowing whether it was a long term leak or not.

United is trying to get out of paying. And they now tell me that they will refund my money, (about $900 so far), for the warranty and be done with it. I even tried to negotiate with them offering to have the transmission rebuilt for a fraction of the price ($2,500) but they will not budge.

I may have to take them to court. Any advice from anybody?