View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 06:13 AM
Glad to be here

Mein Auto: 2004 Jet Black 325i
Happy with my XM Direct Installation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLudwig View Post
I put my antenna on the rear package shelf and dropped the wire straight into the trunk. It couldn't have been any easier. There was definitely no "snaking" of the wire. It is a VERY clean looking install, much better than on the trunk lid IMO.
Yesterday I installed the XM Direct and Blitzsafe units purchased from EAS. I have a 2004 325i that is "CD changer ready" and I must say that the installation was quite easy once I found the correct wires in the trunk. At first I think I found the wires for a phone installation, but it was quite obvious that they were the wrong set of wires. And thanks to the directions I found on this forum for installing the antenna on the rear shelf, it looks real clean. I didn't want the antenna on the trunk or roof of the car, so removing the middle car seat hook was a perfect solution. The antenna wire doesn't exactly drop straight into the trunk in that you can't simply drop the wire through the hole the seat hook was screwed into. You need to slip the wire under the package shelf towards the rear seat a bit and then it will drop down through a large hole accessible in the trunk. Once I figured that out, it was simple.

The reception is great and I love how everything is integrated into the business CD radio so that no one would ever know that it was an aftermarket install.

I just wish I could change the default display from channel name to artist. Is there a trick for doing this?

And thanks to EAS for quick shipment and a great price.