View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 10:33 PM
Flying monkey herder

Mein Auto: Daihatsu Terrios
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonamerequired View Post
I have an 2008 335i with the sport package / 18 inch staggered tires. I got the kit spare today, it fits perfectly flush for the rear wheels. It matches the front without touching the brakes, too (maybe there is like 1 mm at most between the them, but that doesn't matter). My only concern is that when installed in front, there are about 5 mm left between the steel wheel and the ?rotor part where the screws go in. i wonder if a spacer is still afterall necessary to reduce the forces on the screws... not sure though, it just doesn't look that kosher in front as compared with the rear...

my 2c
5mm between the hub and the wheel? 5mm is quite a bit, when i tested it on the front, the spare bottomed its back face against the hub

the wheel should be centered on the hub, and the wheel should bottom against the hub around the lug bolts.

are you saying the wheel doesnt press against the hub on your car?

i'll investigate this tomorrow as i'm going to be putting new wheels on, but i'm not sure what you are referring to. a spacer would only move the same mating surface out further. I have a set of 15mm spacers for my old summer wheels and literally, its the face of the hub extended 15mm, there's nothing that would allow more contact with the hub face.the rim would bottom against the caliper if anything. the chamfer on the front and rear wheels is the same.
Past: 2010 335xi ZMP/ZCW/ZPP/PPK/PE
Present: 2013 335i 6MT ZMM/ZDH/ZTP/3AG/494/508
Current Homeland Threat Level:

Last edited by Orient330iNYC; 10-16-2008 at 10:35 PM.