View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 09:36 AM
I was the other guy!

Mein Auto: 08 335i Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonamerequired View Post
I have an 2008 335i with the sport package / 18 inch staggered tires. I got the kit spare today, it fits perfectly flush for the rear wheels. It matches the front without touching the brakes, too (maybe there is like 1 mm at most between the them, but that doesn't matter). My only concern is that when installed in front, there are about 5 mm left between the steel wheel and the ?rotor part where the screws go in. i wonder if a spacer is still afterall necessary to reduce the forces on the screws... not sure though, it just doesn't look that kosher in front as compared with the rear...

my 2c
Just to clarify......the wheel fits perfectly onto the bolts, flush to the hub? And there is 5mm gap between the wheel and the brake caliper/rotor.

or

the wheels fits onto the bolts with a 5mm space to the hub and 1mm gap between the brake caliper/rotor.

As the standard sports rims are 4 identical 18" rims, I would have expected that if the spare fit perfectly on the bolts/hub on the rear.....the only issue on the front should have been clearance for the caliper/rotor. The fit of the bolts/hub should be the same as the rear.

C

Last edited by WhoMe?!; 10-17-2008 at 09:40 AM. Reason: spelling