Thread: Rear Main Seal?
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 07:12 PM
Ryan M Ryan M is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: .
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,274
Mein Auto: .
Originally Posted by Al's540i View Post
IS the bell housing what sits in front of the transmission...or is that the torque converter?
The bellhousing is what houses the flexplate and torque converter in an auto, and houses the flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, and throwout bearing in a manual trans. It is connected to the tranny and bolts directly to the block.

The red arrow points to the bellhousing.

For Sale: M60B30 intake manifold, M50 intake manifold, 2.81 differential, new OEM upper control arm bushings, 8 M62 fuel injectors.
Reply With Quote