View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 08:39 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2003 BMW 540iA Sport
update

for those of you who know me, you know I have been struggling with the SES light and code P0442 ever since i picked up my 03 BMW 540ia with 37K on it Feb of this year.

In the last 25,000 miles and 8 months, it must have come on 10 - 15 times.

I thought I had the problem solved per my previous post in this thread but it persists and with a vengeance.

I have had to the dealer 2 times under CPO on this and they still have not solved the problem. they keep trying to tell me its the gas cap. i pump my own gas and i just got a new gas cap from them i said. then they tried to give me some story about maybe air pockets trapped in the tank during fill up. what bullsh*t........ i feel bad for the people who dont know much about cars that believe this stuff.

anyway, i brought it back a 3rd time and made it the service manager's problem. the tech again reported finding no faults. they consulted BMW corporate who instructed them to change a fuel tank venting valve.

i will update on if the light stays off. just wanted to post the info in case anyone else has this recurring code.