Old 12-01-2008, 10:53 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to dannyc9997
Mein Auto: 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebee View Post
Hi Danny,
I was very clear.

I gave both dealers both part numbers and they both quoted the prices I listed. Anyone can check my results and report back since I provided toll-free numbers for each (and even listed the guy's name who provided the quote). The second time I called, I even mentioned that all I wanted was the rubber inserts.

I even asked each BMW dealer what the difference was between the part numbers that were listed earlier on this thread from the realoem diagrams (they didn't know so I gave up on asking them that as it was clear they didn't understand the wiper inserts the way we do).

What is clear is that two dealers quoted similar prices which boil down to
61-61-8-217-711 is ~= $50 & $54 out the door for the pair
61-61-0-154-441 is ~= $23 & $33 out the door for the pair

The results are trivial to verify so I stand by them; but it would be nice for a third person to confirm given the huge discrepancy in this thread. Maybe they don't like my voice.

BTW, Danny, I use the same inquisitive enthusiasm for simple parts & BMW repairs as I do for more complex BMW parts & repairs, even extending to BMW tools and fluids and to BMW fixes and modifications. It's all interesting to me to learn from you how my blue bmw is built and how it works.
Alright then. I see your very thorough in your posts, so im sure your doing the same in your phone calls to the dealer. Do you think it might be helpfull to do this in person though? Id even take in the part (wiper rubber) and show them exactly what you want.