View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 10:36 AM
Seek to understand,^Value

Mein Auto: 02 BMW 525i M54 auto 130K
Too good to be true that you could buy wiper refills at the local BMW dealership

Quote:
Originally Posted by QSilver7 View Post
Tishcer BMWs parts search site....they sell $2.64 ea wiper blade refills:
Thanks QSilver7 for the kind advice that others can benefit from also.

I'm gonna go to Tishcer for the wiper refills and also get my windshield cover molding and driver-side door neoprene molding at the same time (given that many E39 owners seem to have this premature rubber-disintegration problem anyway).

Interestingly, I called the fraudsters at Stevens Creek BMW one last time today (800-486-2171), and, guess what. Nobody answered at the retail parts department. Yet again. Sigh.

In summary, it was too counter-intuitive to be true to just go to the local BMW dealership (we tried three of 'em) ... nor was it intuitive to go with the part number in the realoem online database ... but ... with bimmerfest help ... we in the San Francisco Bay Area now know to go with Tishcer or someone out of state (to eliminate the huge California sales tax).
Your job, in return, is to read the suggested threads, where the best people will always add value to those threads, either by pictures or by descriptions, so the next person with the same problem stands on your shoulders.
See also: E39 Bestlinks & How to easily find what you need