View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 11:46 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '07 335xi 6MT 4door
Quote:
Originally Posted by z168 View Post
I think I know what bluebee is going thru. I try not to go to the dealer and ask for parts right on the counter. my experience with dealerships is 10 out of 10 the phone price is cheaper than the just-show-up price. thats why he takes the time to call and ask for a quote before heading out

what I did in my case was I just took down my wipers and went to a store. got a set of michelin wiper refills and it fit perfectly. no cutting, no mending. total time 30minutes (incl driving time to and fro)
Dealers must vary greatly in customer service. I don't visit the Charlottesville, VA dealer very often, but they actually seem to be quite capable, even in the part dept. Never a hassle, always a good price (unless you have them do actual work, then it's pricier, but isn't that always the case?). One time they did some minor work on my old e36, and I was going to wait at the shop. It was taking too long due to some problems on other vehicles causing a delay, and we were up against a weekend. They gladly threw me the keys to a brand new X5 on the lot and told me to come back Monday if I could. Now THAT'S customer service--3-day nice loaner for a $100 service visit.

'07 335xi 6-spd 4dr, Montego blue
'98 540i 6-spd Sport, Jet Black II(sold)
'92 325i 5-spd 4dr, burgundy(sold)