View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 09:21 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via MSN to calpalmer
Mein Auto: '84 533i; '05 VNL 630 66K
My experience is that you turn DTC OFF if in snow and you're having trouble getting going.... not leave it on for use in snow as above. The behavior of DTC is to limit power applied to rear wheels to avoid spinning, but if spinning is what you need (ice and snow it often is to get some momentum) you'll need to turn DTC off. I have to admit, I haven't used DTC-off in my current BMW, as I don't drive it in those conditions, but this is how all my other cars' and trucks' traction control system has worked, and I think I've read in the admittedly confusing BMW owners' manual this is how it works. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Cal
2008 550i: Space Gray, Light Poplar Trim, Anthracite Head Liner, Black Nasca Leather, Sport Package, Sport Auto w/ Paddles, Active Steering, Active Cruise, Lane Departure Warning, Cold Weather Package, Front Ventilated Seats, Heated Rear Seats, Rear Side-Impact Airbags, Fold Down Rear Seats, Power Shade w/ Rear Side Shades, NAV, Comfort Access, HUD, Night Vision, Logic7, HD Radio, Sirius, USB/Ipod Adapter, Phone Cradle for Blackberry 8130 Pearl, Hardwired V1 .