Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - The official "we're hiring" job thread
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 08:08 AM
Griffoun Griffoun is offline
Location: x
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,380
Mein Auto: x
Originally Posted by SailinSand View Post
okay, they don't want to "train" anyone because of the costs associated with it?

PM me if you hve any other tips/pointers. I don't look good on paper at all
I maynot have great advices for you because I'm in the IT... but you're right, employers are cutting cost here and there, and budget for training is almost the first to go. Instead of paying some experienced individuals high salary who asks for training, or even mentioning "I learned all these from training in the past", the employers would rather hire a college kid which the salary could be half of it and train that person on the job.

Then depends on how badly you want a certain position, never say "never"! If 70% of the position is what you're looking for and the other 30% isn't, think about how much you really wants it and the prioirty. If you're hired and turns out it's not something that you like, just look for another job before quitting. Gaining experience from a job is better than not being employed at all, in a market like this.

Like Bolie's thread asking if we want to buy a house next to a school, the realtor can actually sell this "special feature" to everybody, even though most of us would consider the school to be a big no-no. It's up to you how to make the negatives to look more positive, or try to have the interviewer focus on the positives when going through your resume.

Just my 2 cents...
Reply With Quote