View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 11:13 AM

Mein Auto: 2006 Acura TL, 2009 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyATC View Post
What is your conclusion based of?
Are you saying when prices at the pump go up the difference between premium and diesel will increase?
1st, i doubt it'll be tha case
2nd, when prices are higher for both gas and diesel, it will still be around the same ratio or less (percent wise)
So if the difference stays, lets say $0.40, then your savings for driving diesel are much more

P.S. My guess is that we will be paying for diesel same or less than premium in the future, not more
My conclusion is based on what happened last year. Prices between the two will increase as demonstrated this past summer. The reason why all prices are down is due to this ****ty global economy. China was one of the biggest consumers of diesel fuel. They've cut back dramatically. If and when the global economy picks up, the spread between the two will increase again.

and the spread as price increases will not be $0.40 per gallon. If the percentage stays the same, the actual $ amount increases negating any savings.

But again, one shouldn't be considering diesel or non diesel engine based on how much savings they can get from their X5's. If so, they should be getting a Hyundai.