View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 06:28 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 650 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui View Post
I know this might come off wrong, but I see the 5 as just an upgraded 3. The 6 to me is in a field of its own since the styling and design work is not QUITE similar to any other BMW.

I do think though that the 6, to me, is a hybrid of a 7 and a M Coupe/Z, using the M Coupe/Z lines with 7 size.. But that's just my 2 cents

For the record I own a 3 as well, so i'm not bashing on them ^_^!

but 6's are still dead sexy!
I've owned a 3 sedan, a 3 coupe, a 3 vert, a 5 (obviously a sedan) and a 6 vert. Kamui is not entirely off with the 5 being an upgraded 3 (in that it is a larger sedan, but with unique styling), but like any comparison of series to series, BMW has put more safety, security, performance, comfort into each level of car, far surpassing just a mere "bigger/upgraded/etc" version of the lower model. (I remember when Lexus' first cars were the same exact body as their toyota counterpart so we always called them an overpriced totyota with leather.)

There is another thread on this topic about whether the 6 is a 5 vert or a 7 vert, I use a simple litmus test to see where each car fits in the "food chain" of BMWs: look at the badge of the car. For example, an X5 denotes BMW feels that particular car is an SUV (oops S*A*V...) version of the 5 series. So a 3 is a 3, a 5 is a 5, and a 6 is a 6.

That doesn't mean we 6 owners are "better" than those that own 5ers or 3ers (open door for sarcastic comment from others...), it just means our car (like any other model) is unique.

2012 650 Coupe - Alpine White / Black Interior / M Package / Premium Sound
Previous Bimmers:
2008 650i Convertible - Monaco Blue / Saddle Brown Pearl Leather / Premium Sound / Sport / Cold / Comfort Access / Lane Departure / HD Radio / Sat Radio
2004 645Ci Convertible - Reverse Sensors / Reverse Camera / Retro iPod
2005 545i Sedan
2003 330Ci Convertible
2001 330Ci Coupe
1998 323i Convertible
1995 318i Sedan