View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 11:40 AM
Seek to understand,^Value

Mein Auto: 02 BMW 525i M54 auto 130K
There is a shortcut for rebooting the DICE when it goes on the blink

For others to benefit, I have good news (sort of) for rebooting the DICE the easiest way possible.

We already posted the full method for properly rebooting the DICE; but, I've had to reset my E39 DICE Silverline so many times, I've been able to get away with this abbreviated reset version ...

0. While at a long stoplight, remove the iPod from the DICE cable in the glovebox
1. Quickly, turn off ignition, remove the key. pop the trunk, and run out to the back of the car
2. (Carefully & quickly) spin off the positive battery cable nut with a 10mm box wrench
3. Momentarily short the business end of the positive cable to the steel E39 battery brace
4. (Carefully & quickly) replace the positive battery cable & tighten the 10mm lock nut
5. Store the 10mm socket and socket wrench above the battery behind the tool strap
6. Close the trunk, run back into the car, start it up, and reconnect the iPod to the DICE
7. You can do all of this in about 2 minutes so time yourself at the next light and you're good to go!

I'd still vastly prefer a simple reboot button on the DICE cable itself ... just like every other piece of electronic equipment that has an MPU inside of it...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	reset.gif
Views:	5032
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	178713  

Last edited by bluebee; 03-24-2009 at 11:47 AM.