Thread: Ireland
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 05:38 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 328xiT & M roadster
I can only comment on Dublin, where I testified in the High Court a few years ago. Easily the best meal was at Thornton's (128 St Stephen's Green). I thought Lord Edward, the famous old seafood restaurant, was over-rated.

If you get a chance, visit the courts building ("The Four Courts" at Inns Quay) and Trinity College, especially the library . The client put me up at the Burlington Hotel (then one of the Jury's chain and about 5 min S or SE of the city center). I'd rate it as "just OK". The better, and most expensive places are around St. Stephen's Green. Or you can stay at The Clarence (6 - 8 Wellington Quay), and give U2 the business. There was a busy pub scene in the Temple Bar district.

Traffic in and around Dublin is horrible. The route from the airport to center city was particularly bad.
Recent ED: 25 June 10, 328xiT in Red. Then headed SW to Italy & France. Flew home via Rome. Hoegh Kobe departed 22 July; unloaded at PH 17 Aug. Redelivery 11 Sept. (Re-redelivery 14 Sept....read the details here.)
Previous ED: 7 June 08, X3 3.0si in rosso corsa (*), then off to Italy, Austria, Slovenia. (*Note: A61 Crimson Red north of the Alps.)
Back-up vehicle (while waiting for re-deliveries): 1999 M Roadster in Estoril Blue.

Last edited by b-y; 04-22-2009 at 05:43 PM.