View Single Post
Old 06-29-2003, 02:16 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Snot your business
I'm outa my league here but...

Does the e36/7 have a fly by wire throttle system?

If so then it will be equiped with an adaptive EML system. This means it learns your patterns of driving. If you drive back and forth to the grocery store like an old lady, then the throttle response system will become more muted over time. Disconnecting the battery for a couple of hours will wipe the memory and reset it to normal.

If the car plain and simple sucks from a power standpoint. This is what I think you should do.

How come none of the other blistering festers said this???

You are adamant about the lack of car payment. Nobody was listening Galbimmer. They all said you need to buy another car?

You need to modify the powerplant in your car. Why do you need a rig for Home Depot use? They have rental trucks there everyday.

What you need is forced induction. AA, ESS, and Dinan all have them. And compared to another or new automobile, the alternative is quite inexpensive. You will want to uprate your suspension, wheels, brakes and tires, but how far will 10grand get you for a e36 M3, MZ3, Z4, e46 M3?

Keep what you have, until you are able to cash out something else. And in the mean time, play with it. Then take it to the track and wipe the session with it.

If you don't work on your own car, here is a great way to start.