View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 06:21 PM
Please, call me Brian.

Mein Auto: 1998 323is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jever View Post
A guy I grew up with got turned into a lawn dart. He was racing and a gal pulled out in front of him from a side street. He flew a good 100+ft head first into a light pole. Another friend of mine got "beer ponged" off of several mail boxes before he died.

Anything can happen on the road. Car, bike, hummer, whatever, sh!t can always go wrong....and it will. Shortly before one of my last rides a guy was on the highway when a truck kicked up a piece of plywood. It took the guys head clean off.

I've got my scars and one of my good buddies is now weathy from a Home Depot accident. I'll keep my fat ass on 4 wheels from now on. Honestly though, I do wish I could find it in me to ride. After driving cars on the Los Angeles freeways I have to wonder how one could ever survive the expedition.

Props again for you to getting out and riding. I hope you have awesome times and most of all hope you stay safe and the steel cagers don't run you over.
That's where I'm definately most comfortable too!
No doubt this is dangerous, I've had some stuff fly off vehicles in front of me=heart stopping panic!
Have you considered getting a smaller bike (ninja 250) for doing city/town driving? From my experience highway driving is where most of the scary crap happens....