View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 09:07 PM
aka cngzsn

Mein Auto: 330i
LOL lighter oil = the one with a lower number ha! Are you sure about that? Is this your final answer? So let me ask you this: Which one of these is lighter: BMW 5W-30, GC 0W-30 or M1 0W-40. That's right, the one with a lower number, right?

whatever, I suggest you keep your "anectodal" advice on oil to yourself and give a more solid one next time.

Also, TISs supersede manuals and all you need is to go ahead and read them. Or just read the thread I linked. Although it is true that the 15W-50 dino made it to the M50tu manual at some point, it is nowhere to be found to be recommended weight for the S50, not even in the manual. Trust me on that, I have both manuals available within an arm's reach as I type this.

I have owned a e34 (M50TU), e36 (S50), and an e46 (M54) and I don't think you are in a position to judge my knowledge about these engines. So no, it looks like it is you who has to learn about different engines before giving any advice on what type of oil one has to use in them. I don't know who made you the official king of e36 OT, but it looks like that's where you indeed belong.

Again, let me repeat my question: What are those significant differences between an M54 and a M50? And please don't give me that "What's good for the goose isn't always good for the gander" or the "design change on the internals" this time, will ya?

Sapphire Black MetallicNatural BrownSilver Cube e46 330i ZHP/ZCW 6MT - Sold
Kashmir Beige MetallicSamana BeigePoplar Wood e34 525it ZPP/Auto
HellrotDove Grey e36 ///M3 - RIP
Alpine WhiteTanSand High Gloss e46 330i SunRoofLess/5MT