View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 07:25 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1998 528i 5-sp 140K+
Some tids and bits: To make a long story short I forgot to re-connect the electrical connector to the ICV and the electrical connector to the Alternator and got all kinds of weird symptoms.

1. If you forgot to re-connect the electrical connector to the ICV, the idle is lower than normal and the S.A.S Air Pump runs constantly non-stop. Plugged in my OBD Scanner and got P0505 (= Idle Control System)....I laughed right away b/c I know I forgot to re-connect the connector. Don't ask me why but I cannot understand the linkage between the ICV and the S.A.S Air Pump. Re-connected and all is good.

2. If you forgot to re-connect the electrical connector (the rectangular connector, not the Red Positive Cable) to the back of the Alternator ---> you will have a faint battery light on the dash. Re-connected and all is good.

So the bottom line is when things go wrong, go back and look at the areas that you just performed repair work, 99% of the time the answer is there. That is the cardinal rule of car repair!

Last edited by cn90; 06-30-2009 at 09:25 PM.