View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 02:35 PM
bmw addiction

Mein Auto: X5d
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustaine View Post
It's that 25 sec thing, with all lights lit on dash like Christmas Tree, .

Insert the key fob, press the start button without your foot on brake pedal, and then hold the acclerator for 25-30 secs. Right?
hold down the accelerator past the kick down point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-BMW View Post
You know, when I got this '06 the transmission was tight and night and day from my 2007. Pretty sure I remarked on it here. Now it feels like my 2007, sluggish and it even has done the slip and bang when accelerating from a slow roll a few times. I have to wonder if it has something to do with driving habits as these transmissions are supposed to learn and memorize. I need to do a reset. Is it from one push of the button to two?
thats because the dealer reset the learning algorithm on the tranny when you took delivery of it and i bet it shifted like butter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcpilot View Post
Oh, so it's the new "BMW 8-speed Problematic Transmission". I love it !

/TCP
i know why move onto a 8sp tranny when they cant address the issues with a 6sp

2012 X5d | White on Black | Fully Loaded | Sport Package
Black Trim Painted White

-2009 E320 Diesel | White on Black | H&R Springs | Kleemann KD-Box | 20" Monarch Hamburg Rims
Black Roof | E63 Rear Lip | Hood Emblem Delete | Foglight Chrome Trim Delete Gone

-2003 760LI Titanium Gray Metallic | Every option | H&R Springs upfront , via computer in rear
OEM Style 128 21" wheels | 40% tint | AIB Angel Eye's w/ matching foglights Gone