View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 07:22 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-BMW View Post
You know, when I got this '06 the transmission was tight and night and day from my 2007. Pretty sure I remarked on it here. Now it feels like my 2007, sluggish and it even has done the slip and bang when accelerating from a slow roll a few times. I have to wonder if it has something to do with driving habits as these transmissions are supposed to learn and memorize. I need to do a reset. Is it from one push of the button to two?
That's exactly why... I posted my thoughts about this before but the issue is with BMW and their software, not the transmission itself.

The trans is a great piece of tech and you can see how well it works when all the settings are reset and fresh. Its the adaptive software though that ruins the experience. Its because most people adapt to their cars, we all learn how the transmission and throttle work and feel and get used to it. But BMW's software causes to the transmission to try and adapt to us at the same time, which means neither us nor the car ever actually get in sync.

I just dont see why this is such a big problem though to fix... if they cant update the software to completely remove the adaptations, they can at least just program a reset on every start. But they wont. I hate BMW sometimes. I really hope they dont pull this crap again in the new 7...