View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 08:48 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Mein Auto: 2004 325i ZSP
Originally Posted by smolck View Post
Fixed with the appropriate smiley

As this is the OP's first experience with the Mityvac, I hope he doesn't take you seriously and think that is part of the process. Not that it would do any damage, or can cars go blind??.

I am thinking, however, that temps like that might not be healthy for the PE tubing; and the last thing I want to do is end up with part of it softening/coming apart and jammed up in my pan or elsewhere.
Thoughts experience on temp?
I warmed my engine up to operating temp and used the Mityvac right away. No problems at all and the tubing showed absolutely no signs of softening. I do believe the hot oil temp was factored into the material design based on it's intended use.

"It is little use listening to other people as they will either be agreeing with you or saying stupid stuff" - Dogbert

I'm not a pessimist. At some point the world sh!ts on everybody. Pretending it ain't sh!t makes you an idiot, not an optimist.

2004 325i - Sport package - 5MT- clears - CDV mod - M3 gauge faces w/silver gauge rings & red needles - SS exhaust tips - strut tower brace - Hotchkis anti-sway bars -50% tint - shadow grills - roof spoiler - silver CF trim