View Single Post
  #13  
Old 07-16-2009, 12:20 PM
bluebee's Avatar
bluebee bluebee is offline
Seek to understand,^Value
Location: San Jose, California
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 22,053
Mein Auto: 02 BMW 525i M54 auto 130K
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_n00b13 View Post
chances are that the reman guys won't take the module, or if they do, may charge extra for your fiddling around with it
I understand. That's my main worry about taking it apart.

I so very much want to satisfy my curiosity as to what's inside the ABS module ... but I give myself a 10% chance of actually fixing it by resoldering (those solder dots look awfully tiny in the pictures in this thread) ... so there's a 90% chance I'll be sending it out to the remanufacturer afterward.

If I were the reman, I wouldn't take an open unit (as your joke showed).
Reply With Quote