View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 12:33 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2004 325i ZSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by conzbmw View Post
I thought there was just the one groove that the rubber ring fits into? anyone care to elaborate?
Just having some fun. The o ring goes on the last groove just under the cap. Push it all the way to the top and you are good to go.

If you're not sure how well your car had been maintained or how frequent the oil changes have been, you may want to change the 2 small o-rings within the filter housing as well. THey don't come with the oil filter kit so you would have to get them at an auto parts store or the BMW dealer. Probably cost .50 cents each. The Bentley Manual recommends these be changed with every oil change which, if you are following the BMW schedule, is every 25,000kms. I do my changes every 12,000kms and plan to change out the small o-rings every 24,000kms.

"It is little use listening to other people as they will either be agreeing with you or saying stupid stuff" - Dogbert

I'm not a pessimist. At some point the world sh!ts on everybody. Pretending it ain't sh!t makes you an idiot, not an optimist.

2004 325i - Sport package - 5MT- clears - CDV mod - M3 gauge faces w/silver gauge rings & red needles - SS exhaust tips - strut tower brace - Hotchkis anti-sway bars -50% tint - shadow grills - roof spoiler - silver CF trim

Last edited by djstrachan; 07-17-2009 at 12:41 AM.