View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 02:32 PM
willythewarrior willythewarrior is offline
Registered User
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 7
Mein Auto: 2003 E39 520i
Originally Posted by bluebee View Post
Re: what is this thing?

I don't know if you have this on US cars, but on Euro E39's there is a large plastic knob there that you can use to adjust the headlight throw, depending on whether you are driving on the left side of the road (UK, Ireland, a few other places) or on the right side of the road (rest of Europe).

So you just turn the knob to change the throw and avoid blinding other drivers, instead of putting stupid opaque stickers over the front of the lights.
Reply With Quote