View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 09:32 PM
livin the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 97' 528i, 06 ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryans E39 View Post
The thing about 250s is that unless you're under 150lbs you'll get tired of it very quickly. I say that because of this: even if you never plan on exceeding 100mph, the time it takes to get up to speed is pretty long if you don't redline it in every gear. I found driving my friends 08 Ninja 250 to be very scary for that reason. Interstate driving often requires a lot of lane switching/slowing/speeding up, and if you're bike doesn't have the power to get you moving you'll be in trouble sooner or later. A lot of my friends started on 250s and intended to keep them for a long time, but ditched them in under 1 year. I started on a CBR 600 F2 and rode that for two years, great bike. If you respect the bike you can start on just about anything.
oh i agree with you on the 250's. that's why i got the 500 over the 250. my coworkers told me the same thing, with me being of 200 lbs. i would be very unhappy with a 250. but hey if's he is comfy with a 500 or 600, they make great starter bikes. i do plan on keeping my 500 for a long time. it's quick of the line, handles well, and looks pretty good. the down side is kawasaki isn't going to make any more 500's. none have been sold in ca. for a couple of years and i belive none have been sold in the last 6 yrs in europe. so in some places the 09's will be the last ones.
so it seems that 250's or 600/650's will be the new starter bikes.
The more you complain, the longer God makes you live. SPHOBA #00002
: