View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 10:07 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 5
Wet floor - yay!

05 x3 49.5k miles

I thought this was an 04 model year problem, but I happened to pick up my floor mats and noticed the floor carpeting was all wet everywhere but rear passenger side (the sloped part of the carpet at the very front was dry). Don't know how long it has been like this, I have rubber mats so I haven't noticed before. We did have a couple heavy downpours around here lately.

I've searched here and found threads stating most likely either door vapor barriers, or the sunroof. Does anybody know anything that is indicative on the type of failure? I was on my way to work but briefly checked the door bottoms and they all seem dry. I don't believe the door panels have been removed, however about six months ago the dealer repaired a non functioning speaker in the drivers door before I took delivery of the car.

I opened the sunroof and it appeared very moist in there - the drains looked clear up top. I'll run water through them when I got home to see if it drips out the bottom. Where exactly do they empty too? I looked behind the front wheel wells but nothing really caught my eye.

The little things are killing me in this car. I've got an appointment on Monday - I hope they fix it right the first time. Will BMW shampoo the rugs for me? I'm down to my last 500 miles on the warranty. Any recommendations to clean this up before next week? Someone at work suggested I take it to a local carwash with the commercial vacuums?
Ads by Google