View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 05:42 AM
Tyler's Paw Paw

Mein Auto: 1993 325i
This is slightly off topic, but it deals with alignment issues after changing shocks.

I put the Bilstein/H&R combo on, got new Bridgestone Potenaz RE960AS tires (greatest tire I've ever owned, by the way) and went to get the car aligned. Three different places told me that they couldn't align it. NTB told me they couldn't do the back even if they wanted to. Then after doing some research here I found out that most places that were trying to align my car would have done it wrong anyway. There is a certain amount of negative camber needed on the front (something like -2.1), so I took it back and had it aligned to those specs - even though they thought I was an idiot.

Car runs fantastic.

Conforti chip, aFe CAI, Bilstein struts/shocks, H&R springs, Mason Engineering strut brace, Borla exhaust, BSW/Sony audio, TMS cross drilled rotors/Hawk HPS high performance street pads, BMW style 43 16" wheels with Bridgestone Potenza P960 tires and if you've read this entire signature just to see what I've done to my car then you need some serious professional help.

Quote:
If you can't afford to do it right, you definitely can't afford to do it wrong.