View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 11:43 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 07' 550i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehajj View Post
62K miles with no problems.
I think people that have problems with their transmission are somehow careless about their driving (not all of course).
I know this is out of this subject, my mom owns a 1990 525i she drove so far with the car 400K with no problems at all. Last week, she was having few problems after checking she noticed, there was no fluid in the transmission box, so she filled it and she drove again normally, I wonder what would happen with a toyota or honda being in the same situation.
OT:
I had, a long time ago, a BMW 1985 or 1986 733i in other country I lived. It was a very big snow storm, the road was bad, it had a lot snow on road and uneven asphalt there. So I hit something underneath a car, I stop look under didn't see there anything, and keep going, after a couple miles, a car stopped, so I looked around didn't find anything. In morning come back there and found oil pan had a small hole. So we replaced oil pan and oil, then gave a try to start a car, and SURPRISING a car was working perfect, no smoke, no oil consumption, absolutely nothing.
But this BMW was built in 1990's.

BMW CCA Member, Capital Chapter