View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 06:44 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 5
update

As in the first post both front floor carpets were wet and the floor behind the drivers seat was very wet. At first they said they were going to replace the whole sunroof cassette, but when I picked it up the dealer said they replaced the sunroof seal and cleaned the drains - suppossedly they were clogged (which I did not believe since I poured water in each drain hole prior to bringing it in and notice the water came right out.)

Well finally some heavy rain since I picked the x3. The floor behind the drivers seat was damp and the floor behind the passenger seat was very wet (ironically this was the only area that was dry previously). Bring it in next week to get checked out again.

Any suggestions? I mentioned the vapor barrier but the dealer insisted they were fine. The headliner is completely dry and when I open the doors, the sill doesn't appear very wet. How could it be getting to the floor (the seal between the sill and the frame?). Can the sunroof be the culprit without the headliner being wet?

The car is now over the warranty by 500 miles. I hope they don't give me an attitude and say it is no longer covered. This is so frustrating - my 98 Olds Intrigue used to leak and it had a musty/mildew smell I couldn't stand. Shouldn't the dealer shampoo the carpets after? Will BMWNA do anything?

Last edited by codog2; 08-25-2009 at 06:47 AM.