View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 07:43 AM

Mein Auto: 2001 BMW Z3 2.5i
2001 BMW Z3 2.5 DSC Brake Light Brakes activating

Front Brakes Activating hard, DSC light blinking, then DSC and Brake light stay on. It happens random. every 30 miles every other day.

Solution:
Rotational Rate Yaw Sensor Under seat is malfunctioning
Part Number 3452 6 754 289

The mechanic informed me he would charge $1000 to replace but i fixed for only $60 and this is how:
1) The part retail's for $600 dollars - Mechanic told me that a used part is no good and that it has to be programmed. HE IS WRONG. That yaw sensor doesn't have to be programmed and you can do it yourself.
2) FIND A USED SENSOR - Go on EBAY - I found the part for $60 , but i was lucky. Other used yaw sensors go for $260-350. Make sure that it is a POWERSELLER for used parts and that it is a working sensor tested before you bid on it.

The sensor is a universal sensor that was placed on alot of BMW models. Just make sure it's the same part number. The listing on ebay said it came off a 3 series when i drive a Z3 but its fine.

3) The sensor is located under the driver seat and carpet. REMEMBER to disconnect battery before removing seat or the airbag light will stay lit.
4) The carpet under the seat is indented and no tools are needed to reach sensor.
5) The sensor has 2 bolts and a electronic connection (EASY TO REPLACE)