View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 05:01 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2009 X5 35d 2007 Lexus LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerrySpaeder View Post
Looks like they'll be ordering a new engine. It'll take three to four weeks for it to arrive. Assume it's coming from Germany.

Got an X5 xDrive30i as a loaner. No gadgets (nav, bluetooth, CA) but at least I have transportation. (Now... Where the hell did I put my bluetooth headset?!)

Pretty lucky the Big Bang happened close to home. It could have been so much worse. We were frequently in remote mountain areas without cell phone service and the closest dealerships were hundreds of miles away.

Hopefully, the transmission wasn't affected but we won't know until the new engine is in place. I assume something shears away to protect the transmission when the engine seizes and goes from 2500 rpm to an abrupt stop.
Sorry to hear that. I've had mine since January and I've only had a check engine light. The part is on back order since August 4th. Engine temp control sensor. The parts availability isn't good. They re ordered the part last week as critical. I would be asking for a new car. Let us know once you get it back.

Craig