View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 08:22 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 535i, Barbera Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactive View Post
I already have the BMW kit for my ipod on my 2010 535 and I'm quite pleased the results. I stick my ipod down in the console and haven't taken it out since.

My dilema is my iPhone that I use for calls. All I want is a simple way to mount/store/hold the iPhone in the car during travel and provide a charge. That's it. No music, not intergration, etc, I have all that I need for music from my old-school iPod. But when I get in the car, I don't feel like I have a good place to store it and I'm frustrated with a sloppy wire from my vehicle power adapter.

Is there a simple mounting solution that's clean and simple to accomplish my goal? It looks like the spec.dock is the closest thing but much of the cost of that unit is tied up in the inegration capabilities which is overkill for my needs.
Interactive, what iPod are you using in your 2010 535? And do you have the navigation system? I use a new iPod Touch and am just wondering if it will work in my new 535 I pick up next week. I am thinking of getting an iPod Nano to use in the car, and using the Touch only for my travel each week. If anyone knows these units will work I would like to know. I may head over to an Apple store in the new car and have them test the new Nano in it. That way I will know for sure before buying.