Thread: 328i vs 328xi
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 03:37 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 335i Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by professorcook View Post
i love my 328i and it's been great in plenty of snow. I have a 40 mile commute (40 miles each way) and i travel from ma to nh. I am one of those who like my choice. I think the awd is great, yes. But i also think you only really need it if you are going up hill in snow at slow speeds on a regular basis. Thus, if you have a sloped driveway, if your driveway isn't normally plowed, if you go to ski areas a lot, the awd is the way to go.

Otoh, rwd can work great in winter areas like mine with a good set of snows. The car is lower, lighter, quicker, and can be more fun. It's also a bit less complicated. I don't think the awd system will go bad on you, but it is one more system that can have problems.

I also readily admit that i am in the minority here. The only way i could find rwd with a mt was to order it. So the overwhelming local vote is for awd automatic.

Whatever you choose, i'm sure you'll be very happy with the car. All best wishes.
+1