View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 04:03 AM
Master Tinkerer

Mein Auto: 2007 Alpina B7
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it, and let me know what dealerships you lemon your cars to so I can go buy em off their back lot cheap and fix em up...might as well find SOME way to make money off this obsession of mine, right?!! lol

Regarding the pump...was he saying 15 degrees meaning that the water pump itself was going bad or just the fan clutch? (i.e. maybe he was talking about the fan cutch allowing the fan to spin 15 degrees versus wiggling front-to-back 15 degrees) That being said, IF he does say your water pump is going, opt to do it sooner versus later (i.e. upon failure) -- it sounds like these engines don't react well to overheating at all. If during your coolant pipe blowout you ran the water pump dry for a bit, bearing issues are almost guaranteed and you'll likely replace the water pump soon, so let's hope that's not the case.

Nostalgic story... Back in high school I had an E3 (the 3.0s version, but same body style as a Bavaria) and I ran the water pump to failure. The bearings were trashed when it finally failed and allowed the water pump pulley to **** down and send the fan into the radiator, ripping up both and leaving me stranded on a country road 2 1/2 hours west of Philly. What is 2 1/2 hours west of Philly, you ask...f'ing NOTHING...at all. My dad drove the 2 1/2 hours to come get me, only to laugh when he got there and say "Wow, I didn't think you'd actually make it this far!" Wtf!...thanks for telling me you knew of a problem!@!! And, so instead of spending all day with some hot girl I met on the internet (she sent pics, I was stoked...lol), I instead spent about 15 minutes with her with my dad there. ...and she actually did turn out to be blisteringly hot...what a bummer. lol

Black 2007 Alpina B7
Tension strut bushings

White 2007 Alpina B7
Supercharger clutch/bearings, replaced exhaust valve/pulled head, sunroof seal, 6000K angel eyes

Black 2002 BMW 745Li (sold)
KW v3's, blue angel eyes, 8000K headlights & HID fogs, rebuilt alternator & mounting bracket gasket, sunroof seal, CCVs, plugs, sway bar bushings, timing & valve cover gaskets, valve stem seals, guibo joint, mechatronic sealing sleeve, trans fluid, sanded headlights...

Last edited by Keif; 10-09-2009 at 06:50 AM.