View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 10:38 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 535iX GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeee View Post
Interactive, what iPod are you using in your 2010 535? And do you have the navigation system? I use a new iPod Touch and am just wondering if it will work in my new 535 I pick up next week. I am thinking of getting an iPod Nano to use in the car, and using the Touch only for my travel each week. If anyone knows these units will work I would like to know. I may head over to an Apple store in the new car and have them test the new Nano in it. That way I will know for sure before buying.
Mikeee

I use an iPod Touch 32 GB in my 2010 535. As best I can tell, it works fine (no complaints). The car was built this summer and, I think, has pretty close to the latest software. I've also connected my iPhone to the adapter cable, and although the iPhone complains about the cable, it still works fine to play music and send/receive calls. I think the iPhone has gotten confused once or twice, and had to be rebooted to link with the car, but I attribute that to the iPhone's software, rather than the BMW software.

You can always take your iPod to the dealer when you pick-up the car, it won't take but a few minutes to see whether it all works as you expect.

Regards,

Clyde

2010 535i: Deep Sea Blue | Natural Brown | ED: 6-Aug-2009 | 2013 535iX GT: Neptune Blue | Venetian Beige | ED: 31-Aug-2012