View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 10:05 AM

Mein Auto: 2005 545i Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Sea View Post
I did not go through anything like the problems that some others have had. I just gave the dealer my written comments that I quoted above and told the service rep I would be available to take a test drive. The service technician did not need me to do that.
Here is the write up from the technician:
"Test drove car-When vehicle is in 5th gear customer's issue is observed (regardless of manual/sport setting. Issue occurs in 5th). Check fault memory. No relevant faults logged. Check trans fluid level/condition. Fluid slightly grey. But not excessively dark or contaminated. Check vehicle E. software status and contact ZF transmission rep. As per transmission rep, mechatroics/valve body is faulty and requires replacement along with use of new trans oil"
I don't know why there were no faults logged. It's odd how the car will record somethings and not others.
I do have to say that I would rather have had the solution be a software reprogram than this hardware issue since it would have been a lot cheaper but the hardware change does seem to have solved the problem for me.
This is great, not the whole situation, but that it can be resolved, hopefully this means good things, Im taking all of this to my SA today hopefully this goes well. Thanks for the info!

2006 750i Black Sapphire, Sport Package, PDC, Navigation, Active Steering, Cold Weather Package, Premium Package, Comfort Access, Comfort Seating, Cooled seats, Heated Rear Seats, MTEC Angel Eyes.
2005 545i Titanium Grey, Sport Package, PDC, Navigation, Active Steering, Cold Weather Package, Premium Package, K40 Caliber Built in Radar System