View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 01:32 PM
1oz perception-1# obscure

Mein Auto: 2013 535i XDrive M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftymo View Post
I have a problem with my used 04 545i i just purchased. I went to the Beverly Hills Dealer after reading some of these forums, to get either the AUX in or the Ipod. He said I can't get the AUX IN, and then he tried doing the ipod integration and said it was the wrong part and that he has to back order it from germany. He did however upgrade bluetooth (which works fine) and said the car is programmed for ipod. So now I'm left with a 6 disc changer that doesn't work, and no ipod or AUX In cable. I believe the car is a 1/2004 model. And I know there are issues with upgrading based on the month and year of the 2004 5 series... He said he'll call me when the part arrives and that its on backorder. (find it hard to believe)

My questions are.

1. Can I purchase the correct ipod adapter kit thru ebay or a 3rd party site and have them install it?

2. Can I still get an AUX IN? (ie does the dealer have no clue about this?)
Not sure about question 1, but I suggest you get a second opinion on question 2. I believe it is possible to install an AUX input in any E60.